The innovative and patented Multiwave Locked System (MLS) Therapy Laser was developed in an effort to producean efficient and simultaneous effect on pain, inflammation, and edema, exceeding the limits of traditional LLLT (low power) and concerns of HP (high power) laser therapy.
What is Laser Therapy?
There are many types of lasers. Each laser has different characteristics which produce a different effect. These characteristics include:
- Energy: measured in joules
- Time: Defined as the duration of irradiance of target tissue and is measured in seconds. It is also known as Impulse Duration or called “impulse width”.
- Wavelength: Penetration depth is directed by the laser emission wavelength and the type of tissue (chromophores).
- Frequency: Defined as the number of impulses emitted during the unit of time (1 second) and should reflect the condition treated.
- Power: the rate at which energy is delivered and is measured in watts.
- Fluence: Energy Density or Dose
- Irradiance (Also known as Power Density): Power delivered per unit area
- Emission Mode: Continuous Wave (CW) or Pulsed Wave (PW)
- Impulse Duration: Duration of laser emission, also called “impulse width”.
Laser therapy uses light to favor and accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. The laser beam is moved over the skin so that the light energy (photons) penetrates the tissue where it interacts with various molecules (chromophores) that cause different biological effects. It produces a photochemical, photothermal and photomechanical effect.
How does it work?
MLS Laser Therapy is used for temporary relief of pain, inflammation and edema. Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
What can I expect during the treatment?
MLS Laser Therapy for pain relief is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 8 minutes. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
What are the benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy for pain relief?
- Rapid relief of pain without the use of addictive prescription painkillers
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Non-surgical treatment
- No negative side effects
- Timely healing of sprains & strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
What can I expect after the treatment?
Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatment being 7 to 10 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments. The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by your doctor or symptoms are likely to reoccur.